Sunday, August 26, 2012

Goodbye Summer, Hello Senior Year

Well, Summer has officially come to a close and reality came swooping in... a bit to fast. With the beach no longer at my fingertips and with the nursing books piling up by the minute, it truly is time to get back to work. The lack of internet is also no longer a viable excuse for my severe lack of posts, thus far. Before I am able to accept the turning of the seasons, I believe a proper goodbye to Summer is in order.


This Summer was full of good times shared with great friends. With Emma's (my sister) graduation, the season began in an all out celebration frenzy. Family and friends from all over gathered to congratulate her on all of her hard work.


As the weeks went by, the focus switched from Emma to Tharin who somehow turned sixteen before I could blink. Tharin has been like a little brother to me since the day he was born and his is also the first born child of Melissa White. 


And as fast as Tharin turned sixteen, I turned 21. However, this year I decided to throw a party in honor of Melissa instead of myself. With 21 years of birthday presents under my belt, I decided I could make a sacrifice this year and ask for donations in place of gifts. All together my friends and family donated a grand total of $320.00 towards my walk to end breast cancer. 

Not only was I able to raise money through the party but I also was able to spend quality time with an amazing woman. It is my hope that such memories will continue for many more years. I want to thank all those who have contributed so far and who have helped me reach the 25% mark of my overall fundraising goal. While there is much more work that lies ahead, I want to take a second to remember the amazing moments created and shared over the past four months. 


So here is to the most amazing women in my life, to those who have been with me since birth and to those who will always stand by my side. I am beyond grateful for the strength and knowledge I have gained from these women and hope that come October I can carry a part of each of them with me as I walk towards a cure. 


A special thanks belongs to my wonderful Mother for helping me throw the 'Pink Party' and to all of those who came. And as I have safely made it back down South, a part of me remains with my one and only sister who will have to survive the Winter without me. She is stronger than me though and if I could manage the distance when she first ventured off to college, then I am certain she will be okay... 
but that does NOT mean a visit wouldn't be greatly appreciated. 

Any and all donations will help me continue to climb to that $5,000 mark I hope to reach. If interested donate through my Personal Page on the AVON website.